Announcement: Water Restrictions
Effective immediately, the City of Ortonville is implementing even-odd water sprinkling restrictions until further notice. The city is now included in a drought warning as defined by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Drought Action Plan.
Sprinkling lawns is NOT allowed from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on any day.
On calendar days that are even numbers (examples: July 26 or Aug. 18), the even side of the
street CAN sprinkle lawns outside of the 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. time window. Examples: 38 Oak St. or
74 Cedar Ave.
On calendar days that are odd numbers (examples July 27 or Aug. 19), the odd side of the street
CAN sprinkle lawns. Examples: 47 Maple St. or 61 Cedar Ave.
Water conservation tips:
- Water during the coolest part of the day to avoid evaporation.
- Water grass only when it needs it. Most lawns only need an inch of water a week.
- Take shorter showers.
- Turn the faucet off while you shave or brush your teeth.
- Run the dishwasher only when it’s fully loaded.
- Fill the sink to wash dishes by hand instead of letting the water run.
- Only wash full loads of laundry.